Yesterday, I wrote an overview of an Azamara Voyage, today we will look at staterooms, suites, and life onboard ship.
Azamara has staterooms and suites for every guest’s preference and budget. 70% of our staterooms have a balcony and over 90% have an ocean view.
There are four categories of staterooms and suites:
• Club Suites: For more spacious accommodations and many extras, guests can choose from a Club Continent Suite, Club Ocean Suite or Club World Owner’s Suite.
• Club Veranda Staterooms: These staterooms offer accommodations with a floor-to-ceiling sliding glass door and veranda.
• Club Oceanview Staterooms: Some accommodations have a window and others have a porthole or square window. All category 07 staterooms have a panorama window with an obstructed view. All category 08 staterooms have a porthole instead of a window.
• Club Interior Staterooms: Our most intimate stateroom. These interior staterooms do not have windows.
Onboard you’ll find wide, spacious corridors to allow wheelchair access. The accessible staterooms range from 25 to 35 square meters, offering a generous 1.5-meter turning radius in sleeping areas, bathrooms and sitting areas for easy maneuvering.
Accessible stateroom features:
• Stateroom door & bathroom door width: at least 81 centimeters
• No doorsill to get into stateroom
• Ramped bathroom thresholds
• Bathroom grab bars & roll-in showers
• Lowered sink and vanity unit & fold-down shower stool
• Lowered closet bars & refrigerator in stateroom (on request)
• Adjustable height commode chairs (on request)
All staterooms and suites include these amenities:
• Fine bed linens and duvet
• Tote bag
• Terry bathrobes and slippers
• Complimentary use of umbrella and binoculars
• 24-hour room service
• Complimentary shoe-shine service
• Welcome fruit basket at embarkation
• Turndown treats
• Fresh-cut flowers
• Daily news bulletin
When you choose an Azamara suite, you sail in style. Suites enjoy all stateroom amenities plus:
• English Butler service
• Priority check-in and departure
• Unpacking and packing of luggage
• Complimentary garment pressing for two items
• Welcome sparkling wine and fruit basket
• Daily savories between 4-6 pm
• Afternoon tea service in your suite
• Dine in your suite from restaurant menus for breakfast, lunch and dinner
• Complimentary seating throughout the voyage in specialty restaurants
• One 375 ML bottle each of vodka, rum, gin and scotch
• 235 complimentary Internet minutes per guest
• One free bag of laundry per stateroom, for each seven days
Life on board ship
Keep in mind Azamara is a boutique cruise line. Azamara voyages are aimed at adults.
Azamara is recognized for a club-like onboard atmosphere and friendly service. The officers, staff, and crew get to know their guests and are actively engaged in the travel experience. Azamara offers their travelers enrichment lecturers who are knowledgeable about the people, culture, and customs of voyage destinations. Lectures include professors from prestigious universities, former dignitaries or ambassadors who have lived and worked in the places your clients will visit.
For the foodies out there Azamara offers wine-tasting and culinary demonstrations.
eConnection workshops where guests can expand their computer skills and knowledge of the digital world. Azamara offers evening entertainment to suit every taste and mood.
Cabaret Lounge. Guests enjoy live performances of professional full-stage musical revues, classical soloists, bands, magicians and comedians in a cabaret nightclub with a full bar and cozy tables.
Casino Luxe. Enjoy blackjack, roulette, slot machines, poker and Texas Hold’em. Group and individual gaming lessons are offered at no charge—a great way to learn gaming strategy!
For the sports fans, the Casino features a flat-screen TV and full bar, making it a very pleasant place to keep up with your favorite teams. Credit cards, travelers checks and foreign currency are accepted for chips at the cashier window.
The Looking Glass Lounge. Floor to ceiling views and Murano glass lighting set the mood for this elegant evening club featuring live music or DJs spinning favorite hits. Head to the dance floor, or settle in at the beautiful bar. The bartenders’ will impressed you with mixology skills.
On some voyaged the Looking Glass will feature special local dance and musical troupe performances. For instance, a Thai dance troupe, a Turkish belly dancer, or a Spanish classical guitarist.
Wellness and Relaxation
There are impressive onboard spa services and medi-spa treatments, fitness and nutrition classes, and healing treatments including acupuncture.
Recently updated facilities include a new steam room, showers, and state-of-the-art cardio equipment.
Use of the Fitness Center is included in voyage fare. Private, personalized fitness consultations and training sessions are available for added cost. Spa services and medi-spa treatments are in addition to voyage fare, with a choice of specially priced packages.
Spa treatments include facial treatments, massage, body sculpting and full and half day spa packages. The Spa also features a private outdoor deck and Thalassotherapy saltwater pool with massage jets. Daytime use of the pool is complimentary for suite guests and for guests following a same-day spa treatment. A small surcharge applies to all other guests; ask the spa manager for details. An 18% gratuity is added to all spa treatments and services, adjustable at the guest’s discretion.
Exclusive Medi-Spa Treatments
Options include advanced facial rejuvenation and cosmetic enhancements for men and women, provided by a licensed and board certified medical doctor. Complimentary consultations are available at the spa.
The full-service salon offers a menu of professional services for men and women, including:
Special packages of hair and scalp renewing rituals, milk-and-honey manicures and pedicures with massages, and barbering and grooming services.
Hair styling and care including cuts, coloring, highlights, and color correction.
Manicures and pedicures.
The Azamara Fitness Center
Is a state-of-the-art facility with equipment including lifecycles, treadmills, stair-steppers, and weights. Activities include:
• Personal workouts at your own pace. A certified trainer is always available in the Fitness Center.
• Customized one-on-one personal training (for additional cost). A great way to refine and ramp up the benefits of a training program.
There are complimentary classes that may include sunset yoga, Pilates, spinning classes and step aerobics. Complimentary classes are listed in the daily onboard newsletter.
Would you like to work on pain management, loss weight, stop smoking or strengthen your immunity? If you answered YES, highly trained staff can use acupuncture to help you achieve wellness
Tomorrow we will be looking at dining options.
JTMVacations is where your dream vacations become reality no matter your disability.